Monday 29 March 2010

Task 4 (Part 1/2) - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? (Software)

I am very fortunate to have be aware of all the new media technologies that are available to me as they have helped me not only develop my music video but let me allowed the website homepage, music video, blog aswell as the digipak covers to not onyl be created but also allow me to include certain aspects and elements that would have been impossible otherwise. Below is a list of software and websites I used whilst creating my music video and the reasons behind them.

1. Bing: The seach engine website 'Bing' was used as the main search engine throughout this project. I chose this opposed to google as I feel Bing really narrows down the search for me opposed to google where it comes up with thousands of searches most of which are irrelevant. It rarely let me down as I usually found the websites, images or information that I needed.

2. Youtube: The video upload website ' Youtube' allowed me to find the necessary videos that I needed in order to complete certain tasks such as in the beginning of the project, before Francesca or I had chosen our track, we were able to listen to various other songs found on youtube in order to make the decision. Youtube also had an embedding feature which allowed me to post up the video aswell as customise the video in terms of colour and annotations so the audience reading my blog can get the full required information needed.




3. Photoshop CS2: This programme allowed me to compose and edit graphics not only used for the website but also for the blog when I needed to annotate a photograph etc. I preferred to use photoshop opposed to Coral Photo paint as I feel Photoshop comes with more features and is much more professional as most graphic designers choose to use this software.

4. Blogspot: The website 'Blogspot' was used so we could document all of our planning, researching and creations so that not only the examiner could read up on them but also myself to know where we are in the project timeline. This was obviously the main website as this is what we used to present our coursework however could of used alternatives such as wordpress aswell.


5. Facebook: Facebook was used to not only contact Stenchman to get the rights for the track but also to organise all the actors to come for the filming. Without facebook there wouldn't of been any other way to get in direct contact with Stenchman however we would of been able to contact his record label and ask for the permissions for the track.

6. Adobe Premiere Pro: Adobe Premiere Pro was the software used not only to capture the footage but also to edit it and to overall create the music video. Included with Adobe Premiere pro enables, the user is given a range of different editing features such as the blur tool which was discussed earlier and the cutting and razor tool. With this advanced piece of technology, we could cut up all the relevant shots and re-arrange them in order so the user can view the music video properly. It also allowed us to import the soundtrack and include titles which again are also very important and required for the music video.


7. Dreamweaver: Dreamweaver was used when it came to creating our website homepage. Dreamweaver was beneficial when creating the website homepage as it allowed the user, myself, to import images onto the canvas to work with. It also gave me the option to add text, change its font and colour. My knowledge with dreamweaver is pretty advanced and so I knew the basics on how to create a website. I chose dreamweaver opposed to Fireworks as you can edit HTML with dreamweaver and it is much more flexible with its functions. Its overall outcome of a completed website with dreameaver looks much more professional