Wednesday 14 October 2009

Previous Work

Previous to the music video, I have had various experiences with creating and editing videos.

The first example I have was done for my AS level project. We had to construct a horror sequence. I entitled this 'Rope' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnaZ4ouxD7k

From doing this, I learnt different type of cut shots such as Jump shot and filming techniques like panning etc. I would say this helped me when editing the music video as it taught me the overall guide onto how to produce a video by using the in house editing suite. I used the same techniques and effects such as cross fade and ghosting to implement them in my music video.

At the end of year 12, we did a preliminary task to master lip syncing. This task however was very hard as we didn't have the audio present with us so we had to think about the song and try and match the motions of the mouth with the actual song. This proved successful as we can see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InfqUG1y_1U

We didn't want to have as much lip syncing in our music video as we saw it as a problem as there arent many lyrics within the actual track. We thought it would be better to put it at the end of the music video as a sort of 'relaxing ending' whereby we see all the actors together lip syncing the lyrics. We found this to be very effective on our audience.